The place Do I File for Divorce if My Spouse Fled the State With My Youngsters? – Males’s Divorce Podcast

Cordell & Cordell Executive / Managing Partner, CEO Scott Trout and Richmond divorce attorney Jacob Smith discuss how fathers should respond if their spouse flees the state with their children in the middle of a divorce or custody case.

It’s not uncommon for a spouse to move away after a breakup. If this happens during the divorce process and involves children, it becomes difficult to figure out the right jurisdiction to be in.

Mr. Trout and Mr. Smith discuss how the Unified Jurisdiction and Enforcement of Child Custody Act (UCCJEA) determines jurisdiction in such cases and what you should do to ensure that your case is handled correctly.

Click the link above to listen to the full podcast episode. Also, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or your preferred podcast app.

End of content symbol

Shawn Garrison

Shawn Garrison is an online editor for Lexicon and focuses on topics related to the legal services of clients Cordell & Cordell and Cordell & Cordell UK. He has written countless articles addressing the unique custody and divorce problems of men and fathers. Through his work on, and, Mr. Garrison has become an authority on the complexities of the legal experience and has been the content creator for the YouTube series “Dad’s Divorce Live” and other videos on the YouTube channels Dad’s Divorce and Cordell & Cordell. Mr. Garrison has managed these clients’ websites and promoted the creation of several of their roles, including the Cordell & Cordell lawyer and office pages, Dad’s divorce newsletter, and the Cordell & Cordell newsletter.

Comments are closed.