Adele Will Not Need to Pay Her Ex-Husband Any Spousal Assist
AdeleDivorce from her ex-husband Simon Konecki became official last week, almost three years after the couple first announced their split. And now the details of this split come to light.
According to the legal documents received from TMZ, Adele and Konecki have agreed to share joint physical and legal custody of their 8-year-old son. Angeloand neither party has to pay spousal support. Much of the settlement is confidential, however, so it is unclear whether other payments were made from financial agreements between the ex-couple. The details of her child benefit were also worked out in a separate judgment that was not filed publicly.
Back in January, Us Weekly reported that the couple had finally reached an agreement on the terms of their divorce settlement after the singer filed a judgment package in court on Jan. 15. That agreement didn’t become official until a judge signed on the package the court reportedly made last Thursday, according to Entertainment Tonight.
The estranged couple originally split in April 2019, before Adele officially filed for divorce in September 2019. They first went public with their relationship in January 2012 and announced their pregnancy just 6 months later. Adele confirmed that she and Konecki got married during a concert in Australia in March 2017, following tabloid speculation that the couple married in January of that year after being photographed with matching rings on their left ring fingers. At the time of their breakup, a source told us that their “relationship developed and they became more like friends than lovers. They realized that the romantic love was gone ”and added that the couple“ was disappointed but it just didn’t work out ”.
More great stories from Vanity Fair
– Why Kensington Palace just can’t let go of Meghan Markle
– Go on with the performance! See the Hollywood portfolio 2021
– In conversation: Roxane Gay and Monica Lewinsky about trauma
– Reply All’s implosion reveals the limits of one-way Internet relationships
– Harry and Meghan have “no regrets” as Royal Exit becomes official
– Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen on the origins of their friendship
– Proust Questionnaire: Watch Michael B. Jordan answer questions about disclosure of personality
– Can this photographer save Beirut’s architectural treasures?
– Seven fashion brands for a fresh start this spring
– From the archive: How the tobacco heiress Doris Duke got away with the murder
– Not a subscriber? Attend the Vanity Fair and get full access to VF.com and the entire online archive now.